Guoqing Pan, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Microbiology Division, State Key Lab of silkworm Genome Biology, Southwest University
- B.A., Veterinary & Public Health, Southwest Agricultural University, 1995
- Master Degree, Lemology & Preventive Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University,1998.
- Ph.D., Sericulture, Southwest University, 2009.
1. Host-pathogen interaction. Now our lab mainly works on genome biology of silkworm, mulberry, and pathogen of silkworm. My interest is the Nosema bombycis, a microsporidia, its genome biology and its interaction with host, we mainly work on the molecular mechanisms of germination process(polar tube extrusion) and infection process, now we focus on secreted proteome of Nosema bombycis, including spore wall protein, and some potential secreted protein, such as Serpins and Ricin B lectins.
2. Fast and accurate detection of Nosema bombycis spores in the eggs of silkworm. Although the greatest microbiologist Louis Pasteur confirmed Nosema bombycis was the pathogen of Pebrine, and invented a microscopy method to check the female moth for spores, now, the eggs production enterprises need an another accurate method to replace the old method, because it is laborious, time-consuming and sometimes confused. Now, we are using a spore wall protein as a target to construct an ImmunoStrip based on Gold-labeled monoclonal antibody. And we try to design some other instruments like biosensor based on immunology to detect the spores in the eggs.
Associate Professor, Institute of Sericulture and Systems Biology, Southwest University, November, 2005-present.
Lecturer, College of Animal technology, Southwest Agricultural University, July, 2000-Nov, 2005 .
Assistant Lecturer, College of Animal Technology, Southwest Agricultural University, July, 1995-June, 2000 .
Sep,1995-May 1998, Thesis research for Master degree with Associate Prof. Jinsong Li, Nanjing Agricultural University,. Isolation and Identification of Infectious Bronchitis Virus and its Monoclonal Antibody Preparation.
Sep.,1998-July, 2009. Research with Prof. Zeyang Zhou, Southwest University , Studies on Nosema bombycis genomics—Analyses of Genome Biology and Genome Evolution.
Sep., 2009-present, Co-direct the microbiology division with prof.Zhou Zeyang in State Key Lab of Silkworm Genome Biology.
1998-2004, Pathology of Domestic Animals, Southwest Agricultural University.
2001-2004,Lemology of Domestic Animals, Southwest Agricultural University.
2005-2008, English for bioscience students, Southwest University.
Microbiology,2007-present, Southwest University.
1. Study on comparative etiology between Nosema bombycis and Varimorpha bombycis with high virulence for silkworm(No.31072504), 2013-2016, 800,000RMB, granted by National Natural and Scientific Fund.
2. The host immune response induced by Nosema bombycis and molecular interaction between host and parasites(No.2012CB114604, partial task of The National Basic Research Program), 2012-2016, 80,0000RMB, Granted by MOST of China.
3. The R&D of detection kit of Nosema bombycis(No.2012AA101301-3, partial work of National High-tech R&D Program), 2012-2015, 800,000RMB,co-chaired with Prof. Zeyang Zhou, Granted by MOST of China.
4. Study on expression pattern of Serpins of Nosema bombycis and their target proteins screening (No.31072089), 2011-2013, granted by National Natural and Scientific Fund.
5. The Construction of Digital silkworm and its application in the Education of Pathology of Silkworm(No.XDJK2009A005), 2009-2012, 200,000 RMB, granted by the Fund Allocated by Education Ministry of China.
6. Expression Pattern, Immunolocalization and Glycosylization Sites of Three Main Spore Wall Proteins of Nosema bombycis（No.30600452）, 2007-2009, granted by National Natural and Scientific Fund.
7. The Finishing Genome Map of Nosema bombycis (CSTC2006A5019), 2007-2009, Co-chaired with Prof. Zeyang Zhou, granted by Chongqing Science and Technology Commission.
8. Nosema bombycis reproduction in ovary cell line of Bombycis mori(No.7336）, 2002-2004, granted by Chongqing Science and Technology Commission.
9. The preteome of spore wall of Nosma bombycis and their roles in infection(No.30930067), 2010-2013, chaired by Prof.Zeyang Zhou, 1,800,000RMB, granted by National Natural and Scientific Fund.
LECTURES IN ENGLISH:
1, Lecture in Sino-Japan Conference on sericulture, University of Kyushu, Oct., 2004.
2. Lecture in 12th International Congress of Protozoology in Guangzhou, July, 2005
3, Lecture in China’s Fungal Genome Initative Symposium, Shanghai, Sept., 2009.
4, Lecture when visited in Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences,University of Tokyo, Aug. 2009.
5,Plenary lecture in International Symposium on Bombyx mori Functional Genomics and Modern Silk Road, Chongqing, Oct., 2009.
6,Lecture in International Symposium on Microsporidia and Mirospordiosis, Chongqing, June, 2010.
7,Plenary lecture in International Symposium on Bombyx mori Functional Genomics and Modern Silk Road, Chongqing, Oct., 2011.
INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC EXCHANGES:
1, One week’s Academic Exchanges in Kyushu University, Japan, in Oct. 2004.
2, Two weeks’Academic Exchanges in Blaise Pascal University, France, in Aug. 2004.
3, Three Months’ Scientific collaboration in Blaise Pascal University, France, Nov.,2004-Feb., 2005.
4, Three weeks’Academic Exchanges in Shinshu University and University of Tokyo, Japan, in July, 2009.
5, One month’s Academic Exchanges in Shinshu University, Japan, in Jan. 2012.
PUBLICATIONS（2004-2013, † Represented as correspondence author）:
- Guoqing Pan, Jinshan Xu, Tian Li, Qingyou Xia, Shao-Lun Liu, Guojie Zhang, Songgang Li, Chunfeng Li, Handeng Liu, Liu Yang, Tie Liu, Xi Zhang, Zhengli Wu, Wei Fan, Xiaoqun Dang, Heng Xiang, Meilin Tao, Yanhong Li, Junhua Hu, Zhi Li, Lipeng Lin, Jie Luo, Lina Geng, LinLing Wang, Mengxia Long, Yongji Wan, Ningjia He, Ze Zhang, Cheng Lu, Patrick J Keeling, Jun Wang, Zhonghuai Xiang and Zeyang Zhou, Comparative genomics of parasitic silkworm microsporidia reveal an association between genome expansion and host adaptation, BMC Genomics, 2013, 3：186.
- Guoqing pan, Yuanli He, ZHAO Li-Fang, JIA Jun-Jie, ZHOU Xiao-Wei, LIU Ting, DANG Xiao-Qun, ZHOU Ze-Yang, Observation of Histopathology of Silkworm Infected by Nosema bombycis CQ1 Isolate, Acta Sericologica Sinica(in Chinese),2013, 2：310-318.
- HE Yuan-Li, SUN Yu-Cheng, GONG Nian, PAN Guo-Qing†, ZHOU Ze-Yang, Digital Organisms and Digital Silkworm, Acta Sericologica Sinica(in Chinese),2013,2:372-376.
- Xiaoqun Dang, Guoqing Pan, Tian Li, Lipeng Lin, Qiang Ma, Lina Geng, Yuanli He, Zeyang Zhou, Characterization of a subtilisin-like protease with apical localization from microsporidian Nosema bombycis, Journal of Invertebrate Pathology, Volume 112, Issue 2, February 2013, Pages 166-174.
- Handeng Liu, Guoqing Pan†, Bo Luo, Tian Li, Qiong Yang, Charles R. Vossbrinck, Bettina A. Debrunner-Vossbrinck, Zeyang Zhou, Intraspecific polymorphism of rDNA among five Nosema bombycis isolates from different geographic regions in China, Journal of Invertebrate Pathology, Volume 113, Issue 1, May 2013, Pages 63-69.
- Lin Lipeng, Pan Guoqing, Li Tian, Dang Xiaoqun, Deng, Yuanhong, Ma Cheng, Chen Jie, Luo Jie, Zhou, Zeyang. The Protein Import Pore Tom40 in the Microsporidian Nosema bombycis, J. Eukaryot. Microbiol.,2012, 59(3): 251-257
- Li Z, Pan G, Li T, Huang W, Chen J, Geng L, Yang D, Wang L, Zhou Z. *, SWP5, a Spore Wall Protein Interacts with the Polar Tube Proteins in the Parasitic Microsporidium Nosema bombycis, Eukaryot Cell., 2012 Feb;11(2):229-37.
- Handeng Liu, Guoqing Pan †, Tian Li, Wei Huang, Bo Luo and Zeyang Zhou, Ultrastructure, chromosomal karyotype, and molecular phylogeny of a new isolate of microsporidian Vairimorpha sp. BM (Microsporidia, Nosematidae) from Bombyx mori in China, PARASITOLOGY RESEARCH, 2012 Jan;110(1):205-10.
- Xiang H, Pan G, Vossbrinck CR, Zhang R, Xu J, Li T, Zhou Z. Lu C, Xiang Z, A tandem duplication of manganese superoxide dismutase in Nosema bombycis and its evolutionary origins, J Mol Evol. 2010 Dec;71(5-6):401-14
- Xiang H, Pan G, Zhang R, Xu J, Li T, Li W, Zhou Z. , Xiang Z, Natural selection maintains the transcribed LTR retrotransposons in Nosema bombycis, J Genet Genomics, 2010 May;37(5):305-14
- Xu J, Wang M, Zhang X, Tang F, Pan G, Zhou Z. , Identification of NbME MITE families: potential molecular markers in the microsporidia Nosema bombycis, J Invertebr Pathol., 2010 Jan;103(1):48-52.
- Li Tian, Dang Xiaoqun, Xu Jinshan, Liu Handeng, Pan Guoqing†, Zhou Zeyang. Mitochondrial pyruvate dehydrogenase E1 of Nosema bombycis: A marker in Microsporidian evolution. Current Zoology, 2009, 55(6): 423-429
- Qingyou Xia, Yiran Guo, Ze Zhang, Dong Li, Zhaoling Xuan, Zhuo Li, Fangyin Dai, Yingrui Li, Daojun Cheng, Ruiqiang Li, Tingcai Cheng, Tao Jiang, Celine Becquet, Xun Xu, Chun Liu, Xingfu Zha, Wei Fan, Ying Lin, Yihong Shen, Lan Jiang, Jeffrey Jensen, Ines Hellmann, Si Tang, Ping Zhao, Hanfu Xu, Chang Yu, Guojie Zhang, Jun Li, Jianjun Cao, Shiping Liu, Ningjia He, Yan Zhou, Hui Liu, Jing Zhao, Chen Ye, Zhouhe Du, Guoqing Pan, Aichun Zhao, Haojing Shao, Wei Zeng, Ping Wu, Chunfeng Li, Minhui Pan, Jingjing Li, Xuyang Yin, Dawei Li, Juan Wang, Huisong Zheng, Wen Wang, Xiuqing Zhang, Songgang Li, Huanming Yang, Cheng Lu, Rasmus Nielsen, Zeyang Zhou, Jian Wang, Zhonghuai Xiang*, Jun Wang*. Complete resequencing of 40 genomes reveals domestication events and genes in silkworm (Bombyx), Science, 2009,326:433-36.
- Yanhong Li, Zhengli Wu, Guoqing Pan, Weiwei He, Ruizhi Zhang, Junhua Hu, Zeyang Zhou. Identification of a novel spore wall protein (SWP26) from microsporidia Nosema bombycis. International Journal for Parasitology. Int J Parasitol. 2009,39(4):391-398.
- Wu Zhengli,Li Yanhong, Pan Guoqing, Zhou Zeyang, Xiang Zhonghuai. SWP25, A Novel Protein Associated with the Nosema bombycis Endospore. J. Eukaryot. Microbiol，2009，56(2):113-8.
- Zhengli Wu, Yanhong Li, Guoqing Pan, Xiaohui Tan, Junhua Hu, Zeyang Zhou, Zhonghuai Xiang. Proteomic analysis of spore wall proteins and identification of two spore wall proteins from Nosema bombycis. Proteomics, 2008,8 (12): 2447-2461.
- Liu HD, Pan G,G Song S, Xu JS, Zhou ZY. Multiple rDNA units distributed on all chromosomes of Nosema bombycis. J Invertebr Pathol, 2008,1:235-238.
- Zhengli Wu, Yanhong Li, Guoqing Pan, Chunfeng Li, Junhua Hu, Handeng Liu, Zeyang Zhou, Zhonghuai Xiang. A complete Sec61 complex in Nosema bombycis and its comparative genomics analyses. J. Eukaryot. Microbiol. 2007, 54 (4): 379-380.
- Xu Jinshan, Pan Guoqing, Xiang Zhonghuai, Zhou Zeyang, et al., 2006, The varying microsporidian genome: existence of LTR retrotransposon in domesticated silkworm parasite Nosema bombycis. International Journal for Parasitology, 2006，36：1049-1056.
- Guoqing Pan, Jinshan Xu, Zhengli Wu, Junhua Hu, Yanhong Li, Tian Li，Zeyang Zhou. The preliminary Report of Genome Sequence of Domestic Silkworm Obligate Intracellular Parasite Nosema Bombycis. 12th International Congress of Protozoology, 2005, S3-18
- Xu Jinshan, Xia Qingyou, Pan Guoqing, Zhou Zeyang, et al., Survey of long terminal repeat retrotransposons of domesticated silkworm(Bombyx mori). Insect Biochemistry and Molecular Biology ，2005, 35 : 921–929
- Xia Q, Zhou Z, Lu C, Cheng D, Dai F, Li B, Zhao P, Zha XF, Cheng T, Chai C, Pan G, Xu J, Liu C, Lin Y, Qian J, Hou Y, Wu Z, Li G, Pan M, Li C, Shen Y, Lan X, Yuan L, Li T, Xu H, Yang G, Wan Y, Zhu Y, Yu M, Shen W, Wu D, Xiang Z, Yu J, Wang J, Li R, Shi J, Li H, Li G, Su J, Wang X, Li G, Zhang Z, Wu Q, Li J, Zhang Q, Wei N, Xu J, Sun H, Dong L, Liu D, Zhao S, Zhao X, Meng Q, Lan F, Huang X, Li Y, Fang L, Li C, Li D, Sun Y, Zhang Z, Yang Z, Huang X, Xi Y, Qi Q, He D, Huang H, Zhang X, Wang Z, Li W, Cao Y, Yu Y, Yu H, Li J, Ye J, Chen H, Zhou Y, Liu B, Wang J, Ye J, Ji H, Li S, Ni P, Zhang J, Zhang Y, Zheng H, Mao B, Wang W, Ye C, Li S, Wang J, Wong G K S, Yang H. A draft sequence for the genome of the domesticated silkworm (Bombyx mori). Science. 2004, 306 (5703): 1937-1940 .
- Guoqing Pan, Xiaohui Tan, Xiaoqun Dang, Tian Li, Guangqing Guo, Zeyang Zhou, Expression Profiles of SWP25, SWP30 and SWP32 of Nosema bombycis, Acta Sericologica Sinica(in Chinese), 2009, 35(2):328-332.
- Meilin Tao, Guoqing Pan, Huaicui Hu, Zeyang Zhou, Identification of a New Serpin Gene (NbSPN106) from Nosema bombycis, Acta Microbiologica Sinica(in Chinese), 2009,49(6): 726-732.
- Liu Yang, Guoqing Pan, Handeng Liu, Jinshan Xu, Tian Li, Tie Liu, Shaopeng Zhang, Zeyang Zhou. Construction and Analysis of Bacterial Artificial Chromosome(BAC) Library of Nosema bombycis, Acta Sericologica Sinica(in Chinese), 2009,35(2):314-319.
- Tian Li, Guoqing Pan, Xiaoqun Dang, Zeyang Zhou. cDNA Library Construction and EST Analysis of Bombyx mori Silk Gland Heavily Infected by Nosema bombycis, Acta Sericologica Sinica(in Chinese), 2009,35(2):320-327.
- Zigang Shen, Guoqing Pan, Jinshan Xu, Tian Li, Handeng Liu, Zeyang Zhou, Analysis of genetic polymorphism of Nosma bombycis Isolate in Chongqing region, China. Advances of Natural Sciences(in Chinese), 2008,18(5):579-586.
- Junhua Hu, guoqing Pan, Jinshan Xu, Kun Lu, Xiaoqun Dang, Zhengli Wu, Yanhong Li, Zeyang Zhou, Characterization and analysis of mitochondrial protein frataxin in Nosema bombycis, Acta Microbiologica Sinica(in Chinese), 2008,48(5):608-615.
- Xiaohui Tan, Guoqing Pan, Zehngli Wu, Yanhong Li, Ruizhi Zhang, Jinshan Xu, Zeyang Zhou, Relationship between the germination and spore wall proteins in Nosema bombycis, Acta Zoologica Sinica(in Chinese), 2008,54(6): 1068-1074.
- Yanhong Li, Zhengli Wu, Guoqing Pan, Min Pang, Junhua Hu, Ruizhi Zhang, Zeyang Zhou, Polar tube extrusion of Nosema bombycis in Bombyx mori-SWU1 embryonic cell line, Acta Zoologica Sinica(in Chinese),2007, 53(6):1107-1112.
- Min Pang, Guoqing Pan, Tian Li, Xia Wang, Zeyang Zhou, Analysis of bro Genes of GD Isolate of Bombyx mori Nucleopolyhedrovirus, Chinese Journal of Virology(in Chinese), 2007，23(6):485-489.
- Zhengli Wu, Yanhong Li, Xiaoqun Dang, Xiaohui Tan, Guoqing Pan, Zeyang Zhou, Distribution of Secreted Proteins of Nosema bombycis in Infected Silk Gland by Colloid Gold Labelling and Immunoelectron Microscope Technique, Acta Sericologica Sinica(in Chinese)，2007, 33 (4), 682-685 .
- Yanhong Li, Handeng Liu, Zhengli Wu, Guoqing Pan, Li Xie, Shengxi Wu, Zeyang Zhou, Preparation and Identification of Monoclonal Antibodies against Nosema Bombycis, Acta Sericologica Sinica(in Chinese)， 2007, 33 (1): 138-141.
- Zhengli Wu, Xiaohui Tan, Guoqing Pan, Yanhong Li, Zeyang Zhou, Extraction of Spore Wall Proteins of Nosema bombycis with improved Methods, Acta Sericologica Sinica(in Chinese)， 2007, 33 (1): 62-66.
- Yanhong Li, Li Xie, Guoqing Pan, Zhengli Wu, Min Pang, Zeyang Zhou, Establishment and application of indirect immunofluorescence assay using monoclonal antibody against Nosema bombycis, Journal of Southwest Agricultural University(Natural Science) (in Chinese), 2006,28(6):990-993.
- Guoqing Pan, Yanhong Li, Li Xie, et al, Comparison of Cytopathic Effect of Sf21 cell and Embryo Cell of Silkworm Infected by Nosema bombycis, Journal of Chongqing Normal University(Natural Science Edition,in Chinese)) 2005,22(3):25-28.
- Yanhong Li, Guoqing Pan, Junhua Hu, Zeyang Zhou, Establishing of the infected system of Nosema bombycis in Sf21 cell line. Acta Sericologica Sinica(in Chinese)， 2005, 31 (2): 151-154.
- Xia Wang, Guoqing Pan, Min Pang, Zeyang Zhou, Genetic diversity of bro Gene family in Bombyx mori Nucleopolyhedrovirus, Acta Sericologica Sinica(in Chinese), 2005，31(3):291-294.
- Jiabin Liu, Guoqing Pan, Daojun Cheng, Qingyou Xia, Zeyang Zhou, Zhonghuai Xiang, Construction of Nosema bombycis (N.b) cDNA library and analysis of ESTs sequences from partial clones, Acta Sericologica Sinica(in Chinese), 2004,30(4):363-366.