Junhong Wei Ph.D.
Postdoc, State Key Laboratory of Silkworm Genome Biology, Southwest University
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 2015 Ph.D. Genetics, Institute of Microbiology, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), Beijing, China. 2015
- 2005 B.Sc. Biotechnology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China.
- Streptomyces produced 70% of commercial important antibiotics, genetic modification of Streptomyces could improve production of antibiotics or create new antibiotics. My research concentrated on new strategy of up-regulation of antibiotic biosynthesis and activating cryptic antibiotic biosynthesis cluster.
- Junhong Wei, Yuqing Tian, Guoqing Niu*, Huarong Tan*.2014.GouR, a TetR Family Transcriptional Regulator, Coordinates the Biosynthesis and Export of Gougerotin in Streptomyces graminearus. Appl Environ Microbiol. 80(2):714-722.
- Lingjuan Jiang#, Junhong Wei#, Lei Li, Guoqing Niu*, Huarong Tan*,2013. Combined gene cluster engineering and precursor feeding to improve gougerotin production in Streptomyces graminearus. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 97: 10469-10477（# Contributed equally to the job）
- Deyao Du, Yu Zhu, Junhong Wei, Yuqing Tian, Guoqing Niu* and Huarong Tan*. Improvement of gougerotin and nikkomycin production by engineering their biosynthetic gene clusters. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol.
- Guoqing Niu, Lei Li, Junhong Wei, and Huarong Tan* (2013) Cloning, heterologous expression, and characterization of the gene cluster required for gougerotin biosynthesis. Chem Biol 20:34–44.