包佳玲, 博士, 副教授, 硕士生导师
Jialing Bao, Ph.D.
State Key Laboratory of Silkworm Genome Biology
Institute of Sericulture and Systems Biology, Southwest University
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, HERSHEY, PA
Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2012.
- FUDAN UNIVERSITY, Shanghai, China
M.S. in Microbiology, 2006.
- SICHUANG UNIVERSITY, Chengdu, China
B.S. in Biotechnology, 2003.
- Microbiology, Hematology, Immunology.
- Current research projects are focusing on the molecular mechanism of hemolymph associated innate immunity of silkworm against pathogens, including N. bombycis.
- THE CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL OF PHILADELPHIA
My research is focused on how the internal organelles in platelets, dense granules, are formed and regulated in a heritable disease Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome (HPS) and in blood coagulation process. I also studied the processes that regulate hemostasis and thrombosis, and the elements in the blood that lead to over-clots in patients with lethal disorder called Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP). I am very familiar with hemostasis functional assays, as well as biochemistry and cell biology assays, such as Western blotting, cloning and protein purification; I am also very good at cell culture, as well as maintaining experimental mouse colonies.
- PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Aug, 2006-Dec, 2011
Graduate Research Assistant
My research is focused on the role of meprin metalloproteases in inflammatory diseases, such as inflammatory bowel disease and urinary tract infection. My work reveals the effects of meprins on the tight junction proteins and the consequences on leukocyte migration during inflammation. I also had experience in the study of the molecular mechanism of meprins in breast cancer metastasis.
- FUDAN UNIVERSITY
Sep, 2003-Sep, 2006
Graduate Research Assistant
My research was focused on the interactions of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and dendritic cells during inflammation. Characterized the interactions between Mycobacterium tuberculosis and antigen presenting cells. Identified a differential protein expression pattern of dendritic cells after bacterial challenge by 2-dimensional electrophoresis assay.
- BAO J*, Hanby H*, Noh J, Jarocha D, Meng R, Weiss M, Poncz M, Marks M. Dense granules mature and differentiate from lysosomes at a post-megakaryocyte differentiation stage. (Co-first, In preparation)
- Pillai V*, BAO J*, Zander C, McDaniel J, Chetty P, Seeholzer S, Bdeir K, Cines D, Zheng XL. Human Neutrophil Peptides Inhibit Cleavage of von Willebrand Factor by ADAMTS13: a Potential Trigger for TTP. (Co-first, Submitted)
- BAO J, Xiao J, Mao Y, Zheng XL. Carboxyl Terminus of ADAMTS13 Directly Inhibits platelet Aggregation and Ultra Large von Willebrand Factor String Formation Under Flow in a Free-Thiol-Dependent Manner. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014 Feb;34(2):397-407.
- BAO J, Yura RE, Matters GL, Bradley SG, Shi P, Tian F, Bond JS. Meprin A Impairs Epithelial Barrier Function, Enhances Monocyte Migration and Cleaves the Tight-junction Protein Occludin. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013. Sep 1;305(5):F714-26.
- Jin SY, Xiao J, Bao J, Zhou S, Wright JF, Zheng XL. AAV-mediated expression of an ADAMTS13 variant prevents shigatoxin-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Blood. 2013 May 9;121(19):3825-9.
- Zhang XH, Feng R, Lv M, Jiang Q, Zhu HH, Qing YZ, Bao JL, Huang XJ, Zheng XL. Arsenic trioxide induces apoptosis in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemic cells through down-regulation of surviving via the p53-dependent signaling pathway. Leuk Res. 2013 Dec;37(12):1719-25.
- BAO Jialing, LE Jun, TIAN Yeping, YANG Yanping, WANG Honghai. Protein Profiling of human Dendritic Cells Infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis. ACTA MICROBIOLOGICA SINICA. 2005 Jun;45(3):415-9.
- BAO Jialing, YANG Yanping, XIE Jianpin, WANG Honghai. Functions of Dendritic Cells during Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection. Science and Technology Review, 2005 vol 23: 47-49.
- Yang Y, Zhang M, Zhang H, Lei J, Jin R, Xu S, Bao J, Zhang L, Wang H. Purification and characterization of mycobacterium tuberculosis indole-3-glycerol phosphate synthase. Biochemistry (Moscow), 2005: 71, 1:S38-43.
- Zhong M, Wang YW, Hu PP, Bao JL, Zhong J, Hu ZY, Luo YA. Study on the sequences of amino-acids and their gene codes of the related proteins of rifampin-dependent Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi, 2006 Feb;29(2):83-6.
- Yang Y, Xu S, Zhang M, Jin R, Zhang L, Bao J, Wang H. Purification and characterization of a functionally active Mycobacterium tuberculosis pyrroline-5-carboxylate reductase. Protein Expr Purif, 2006 Jan;45(1):241-8.
- Sigma Xi Society, Full Member
- American Society of Hematology (ASH).
- American Heart Association (AHA).
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Special Achievement Award from American Society of Hematology
- Poster Presentation Prize of Annual Philadelphia Workshop on Hemostasis, Thrombosis and Atheroscleorosis
- Pennsylvania State University, Dean’s Travel Award
- International Proteolysis Society Meeting, Travel Award
- ASBMB Graduate students and postdocs Travel Award
- Scientific Achievement Award by Government of ChongQing, China